Friday, April 10, 2009

Where do you find time to memorize Scripture?






Where do you find time to memorize Scripture?





Listening to mp3 while commuting to work or school

3 by 5 card on mirror while brushing teeth

Ipod while exercising

Don't eat breakfast until you have reviewed

Call your memory partner each day and recite on phone

Type it to your facebook friend

Forward your scripture passage instead of other email forwards

Waiting in line at grocery, bank, doctors office

Turn off the TV or computer and just do it!




In her book "His Word in My Heart," Janet Pope says





" I have been taking my two teenagers to the orthodontist once a month for the last four years, two years each. Instead of sitting in the waiting room listening to secular music and reading tacky magazines, I often wait outside in my car, going over my verses. You can cover a lot of territory in thirty to forty-five minutes. This is just one example that has worked for me. It wouldn't work with a three-year -old. You will find your own pockets of time as you look for them.



"Time is a precious commodity, with only twenty-four hours allotted to each one of us each day. I am not by nature an efficient time manger, but I have learned to utilize little moments here and there for God's Word. Though two-minute slots may have seemed insignificant at the time I began memorizing, they have added up to an enormous amount of Scripture memorized in ten years. I am now working on my ninety-first chapter. I do not share that to overwhelm you, but to show you that great progress comes a few minutes at a time."



Write us about where you find the time...



NEXT POST: Encouragement from Joshua One.

1 comment:

  1. I memorize scripture first thing in the morning before anyone gets up. It's nice to read my scripture while sitting in my cozy rocking chair sipping a nice hot cup of coffee. I also have scripture time while homeschooling. We all try to test each other on verses using index cards~it is really a fun way to get your children to learn about our Lord. God bless, Rose

    ReplyDelete